25 June 2014

Plate Up. Bloody Mary & Pimms Cocktails

I was mixing up some drinks over the weekend and thought I ought to make them English themed, what with my impending move to London and all! I love a good cocktail; it's something that I'll always choose over wine, beer or straight spirits. I had a great time shaking and stirring, it was like going back to the days when I worked in a bar. Here are the recipes for two of my favourites - now you have the perfect excuse to host a cocktail night yourself!

Bloody Mary

What you'll need
45ml vodka
90ml tomato juice
squeeze of lemon juice
a dash of worchestershire sauce
a dash of tabasco sauce
salt & pepper
celery to garnish
crushed ice

What to do
Fill a hi-ball glass with ice and pour in the vodka, lemon juice and sauces. Top with the tomato juice and season to taste. Garnish with your celery stick - it really does make it so much more enjoyable!

Pimms Garden Cocktail

What you'll need
60ml Pimms
45ml lemonade
45ml ginger beer
garnishes like strawberry, orange, cucumber and mint
crushed ice

What to do
Combine the Pimms, fruit, mint and ice in a boston shaker and shake well to infuse. Pour into a glass and top with the lemonade and ginger beer.

Photos by Krissie.