15 August 2014

Eat Me. E&O Notting Hill, London

Being the foodie that I am, one of the things that most excited me about London was all the restaurants it had to offer. And I can tell you I'm off to a good start. I had the pleasure of dining at E&O in Notting Hill last week for dinner. This restaurant is one of the four that make up Ricks Restaurants. Rick's Eight Over Eight in Chelsea is particularly famous so that one is next on my list.


Perched on a corner in Notting Hill, E&O has a sultry front bar area and a restaurant in the back. Expect high-end service, dim lighting and a buzzing atmosphere. The wine list is extensive and I was pleased to see there was a selection of Aussie and NZ wines; they are fail-safe for me as I'm yet to understand how European wines work. There's also a great cocktail list if you're feeling adventurous.


E&O is essentially Asian-fusion with a great assortment of classics and inventive dishes on the menu. I tried some Dim Sum and Sushi and both were fantastic. For a perfect selection I suggest going for some edamame beans (it's not an Asian dish if you don't start with these!), some chilli salt squid, the crispy pork belly (the crackle on this is amazing) and the spare ribs are stickily delicious. Then top it off with some spicy salmon sushi for a flavour sensation.


A great place to try for a date night or if you feel like indulging in some pricey but delicious food with friends. I would definitely return. 4/5

Where: 14 Blenheim Cresent, London W11 1NN
Bookings: Essential
Phone: 020 7229 5454

Photos by Krissie and Rick's Restaurants.

E&O on Urbanspoon