20 October 2014

Eat Me. Eight Over Eight, Chelsea London

A Sunday full of sunshinyness called for a London adventure. This last weekend I had a few big nights out on the town but when the sun made a welcome appearance on Sunday I thought I ought to drag myself out of bed and kick my hangover with a dose of sunshine. With the warm air as inspiration, my housemate and I started off on a walk towards SW3 [for those non-MIC fans that's Chelsea] with Eight Over Eight in mind for lunch - after all a 3km walk ought to be rewarded right?

Eight Over Eight is one of the four modern Japanese venues that make up Ricks Restaurants (I dined at another of his, E&O, back in August, you can read my review here). With a grumbling stomach and a taste for sashimi we settled ourselves inside. An insider secret that isn't widely known is that Eight Over Eight offers 40% off to all diners on Sundays which brings this moderately priced restaurant into the friendly priced range - bonus!


With a much needed diet coke in hand we ordered a few dishes to share. Starting with the salmon sashimi (an absolute essential if you're dining Japanese), followed by the duck and watermelon salad, the tempura soft shell crab and some good old fried rice [we were in need of some serious carb-loading].


The dishes here are always eloquently presented and the flavours are a hit. The duck salad is really delicious and I would probably class this as their signature dish. You really can't go wrong here no matter what you order off the menu. The only area that they dropped a few marks for me is the ambience of the restaurant, which is a little stark by day, and the somewhat slow service. But all in all it's a great place to dine, I'll definitely be back - it's now my Sunday hotspot. 4/5

Where: 392 Kings Road, London SW3 5UZ
Bookings: Recommended
Phone: 020 7349 9934

Photos by Krissie.

Eight Over Eight on Urbanspoon