6 October 2014

Eat Me. Nobu, Mayfair London

I feel like all I do lately is share my restaurant reviews but I’ve gotta tell you the food here in London is just next level [provided you go to the right places of course]. With several locations around the world Nobu is well renowned for being the best Japanese restaurant there is, full stop, end of story. I don’t dispute it. Regular diners include Bill Clinton, Madonna and Sienna Miller (Robert De Niro is also a part owner) and Madonna is famous for saying “you can tell how much fun a city is going to be if Nobu is in it”. Well that just says it all, doesn’t it?


I honestly can’t fault a thing about this place; the décor is subtle and chic, the service is absolutely five stars [no request is too much] and the food… the food is just probably the best thing I have ever tasted. I don’t think I can do it justice in words but I will do my best.

I went with a group of girls which allowed us to sample quite a few things on the menu – here everything is so good that you want to be able to try as much as possible so I recommend going with more than one person [unless of course you have a hot date!].

We ‘cheers’ with our flutes of Dom and perused the menu before settling back and soaking up the atmosphere. One by one our dishes arrived and each was more tantalizing than the next. We started with yellowtail sashimi followed by lobster salad, next tempura shrimp, then came the new style salmon, the seared yellowtail in miso sauce, and the black cod before a sushi and sashimi platter finale. It was undeniably perfect. Everything just melted in the mouth and the flavours were subtle yet so engaging on the palette. I guarantee that any sashimi or Japanese you've eaten before will pale in comparison to this.


The quality of ingredients and the skill of the chef at Nobu is just something to behold. It would have to be the best dining experience, food-wise, that I’ve ever had. You could easily spend a week’s wages here in one night but for a once-in-a-lifetime experience it is well worth it. 5/5

Where: 15 Berkeley Street, London W1J 8DY
Bookings: Absolutely essential and with plenty of notice
Phone: 020 7290 9222

Photos by Krissie & Nobu (I'm sorry I didn't snap everything, it was just too delicious).


Nobu Berkeley on Urbanspoon