12 July 2015

Eat Me. A Peek Inside Ham Yard Hotel

Tucked away behind Piccadilly Circus and amongst the myriad of West End streets, the elegantly modern Ham Yard Hotel certainly doesn’t feel like it’s in Soho. Quite unlike its name suggests, the venue is very retro-glam largely thanks to its £90 million fit-out. Upon entering it feels like you have been transported from the craziness of London to a cool urban village retreat. I don’t know about you but as a city slicker that’s exactly what I crave sometimes…


We wandered around for a bit of a gander before settling down for an after work drink and a bite. Boy is there a lot to see. This isn’t your average hotel. There’s a private cinema…


A bowling alley…


A dance floor complete with disco ball and crazy crocodile installation…


Multiple bars and seating areas…


Plenty of funky artwork…


A spiral of oranges fresh for juicing that would easily be 5 metres tall…


A quaint roof garden that you can hire for the pretty price of £750/hour…



And, my favourite, a library. This is exactly what I want in my future home. Floor to ceiling bookshelves complete with a moveable ladder. I can already see myself plonked in here on a wintery Sunday. I plan to sidle up into a chair, order multiple glasses of red wine and enjoy the faux fire to my heart’s content.


After having a good look around we settled into the glasshouse terrace for a much needed glass of wine [it was a Monday after all!] and a snack to sate our rumbling tummies.


The décor here really is so lovely and it does make a great difference to the ambience, the service was good if not a tiny bit slow but it seems the servers are rushed off their feet due to the popularity of the place!


We ordered a few of the melts to nibble on and also the slow roasted Moroccan lamb.


It was a lovely little evening and I’m pretty glad to have discovered another hotspot in London…


Share your comments with me on InstagramFacebook or Twitter

Photos by Krissie.

Click to add a blog post for Restaurant & Bar - Ham Yard Hotel on Zomato