15 November 2015

Eat Me. L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon, Covent Garden London

The food scene in London really is incredible. I have a dedicated list of places that I want to dine at on my phone and I cross them off as I visit. But would you believe every week my list gets longer, not shorter because I’m forever discovering more and more hotspots and hidden gems that are just waiting for me to sample their menu. Honestly I think I could dine out for three meals a day, every day of the week and still not cover them all. It’s a daunting but delicious task.

Last night it was time to try L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon a whispered hotspot whose food has begun to shout from the laneways of Covent Garden. I made a quick stop by my friend’s apartment on the way (gorgeous isn’t it) and then it was time for our reservation so we set off, with my new Kate Spade tote in tow of course.



Love this deep berry hue, it’s a nice way to brighten a winter outfit. My design is sold out now but here are two similar choices here and here

L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon screams “hotspot” as soon as you open the door. Efficient staff greeted us and whipped us over to our table where we were poured champagne and proffered menus. The interior is very Adam & Eve with sleek black, bursts of apple red and a vertical garden along one wall. Even better, the kitchen sits front and centre; let’s call it dinner and a show, with a clear view of the chefs working away.


Innovative French dishes with a modern twist line the pages of the menu and I was salivating at the sight of so many delightful seafood choices.

Following our pink bubbles, next we went for a fruity cocktail, then it was onto the serious stuff. The food.


Opting for four courses we started off with a delightfully light dish of King Crab with citrus jelly. As soon as I saw the menu it caught my eye and it didn’t disappoint. Yum.


Next was langoustine (cousin of the prawn) and truffle ravioli in a butter sauce which was heavenly. I polished off the whole lot.


For the main course we had lamb fillet with roast mushroom and jalapenos which was baaaa-rilliant. (Did you get that one? How could I resist?!)


Then we finished with Le Mont Blanc for desert; a chestnut cream dome, blackcurrant coulis and yuzu meringue.


Told you. Hotspot. Everything was a flavour sensation. If you fancy tantalising your taste buds this place is a real treat. Be sure to book in advance. 5/5

Where: 13-15 West St Covent Garden, London WC2H 9NE
Phone: 020 7010 8600
Bookings: Necessary

Share your comments with me on InstagramFacebook or Twitter.

Photos by Krissie.

L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato