29 May 2016

Eat Me. Birthday-ing at Bob Bob Ricard, Soho

I love any excuse for a celebration so when a birthday rolls around I'm the first to get excited. Particularly when it's my own. I celebrated turning 26 last Wednesday and my friend Emma and I had only one place in mind for the dinner. Bob Bob Ricard. You may not know the name but I'm certain you've seen the "Press For Champagne" button. Ingenious invention if you ask me!

  

Walking in, it's as though you've fallen down a rabbit hole into the Art Deco era. Booth seats are edged with plenty of gold details and chunks of marble in ornate shapes. It all screams '20s like you've just arrived at a fabulous Great Gatsby party.


Of course we rang the buzzer and the waiter bustled over ready to take our champagne order. Such fun. We'd both been wanting to visit BBR since we arrived 2 years ago and we'd heard the signature dish, Beef Wellington, was not to be missed.


They're not wrong. Amazing. The most tender, moist fillet of beef is encased in mushroom and pastry and baked to perfection. A drizzle of jus and new levels were reached.



For dessert we opted for the Eton Mess, served in a delightful little pink sphere. Break it open to reveal a very light and refreshing inside.



All finished off with some birthday cake, of course. It wouldn't be a celebration without a sparkler!


Happy birthday to me...


Where: 1 Upper James St, London W1F 9DF
Phone: 020 3145 1000
Bookings: Essential and well in advance

Share your comments with me on InstagramFacebook or Twitter.

Photos by Krissie.

Bob Bob Ricard Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato